There currently is an issue with SQList Manager: when the application log becomes very large, the UI becomes very slow or unresponsive.
This is due to the way the Service Monitor handles the the log table. We are adding a patch to the next version of SQList, but in the meantime the only way to resolve this issue is to manually clear the event log.
We recommend using SQLCeToolbox available form github (https://github.com/ErikEJ/SqlCeToolbox).
Pre-requisite: you need "Microsoft SQL Server Compact 4.0" installed on your machine; if you don;t have it, you can download it for here;
To clean the log, follow these steps:
- Using SQList Manager, stop the SQList service;
- Close SQList Manager;
- Download the "Standalone for SQL Server Compact 4.0 and 3.5 SP2" of SqlCeToolbox from here: https://ci.appveyor.com/api/projects/ErikEJ/sqlcetoolbox/artifacts/SqlCe40ToolBox.zip?branch=master
- Unzip the SqlCe40ToolBox.zip file just downloaded, you will extract the file SqlCe40Toolbox.exe;
- Launch SqlCe40Toolbox.exe As Administrator;
- Right-click the SQL Server Compact Data Connections node, and select Add SQL Server Compact 4.0 Connection;
- Click Browse, select the file C:\ProgramData\AxioWorks\SQList\AxioWorks.SQList.ProfileDB.sdf, then click Close;
- Once the connection is added, right click it and select Open SQL Editor;
- In the SQL editor window, type delete from Application_Logs; and press F5;
- At this point the log will be clear, launch SQList Manager, it should be responsive again.
We also recommend that you keep the logging level in SQList manager to "Warn", to avoid excessive messages.