If you are installing for the first time:
After placing your order for SQList, you should have received one "Order confirmation" email plus one or more "License" emails (depending on the number of copies of SQList you ordered).
- Download the msi package from the Download SQList page (the link is in the "Order confirmation" email);
- Run the installation package and follow the instructions.
This step will install both the AxioWorks SQList Windows service and the SQList Manager Windows UI application. A shortcut to the SQList Manager application will be added to your Start menu; Start/AxioWorks/AxioWorks SQList.
If you are upgrading to a newer version:
Important: Although we always strive to make upgrades as hassle-free as possible, we strongly recommend that you test new versions on a test environment to avoid any surprises. We can send you a temporary SQList licence for this purpose, please contact email@example.com if you would like to be sent one.
Uninstall the current version of SQList (use the Windows "Add/Remove programs" or "Uninstall a program", depending of the version of Windows) before proceeding with the following steps.
- Stop SQList Service;
- Stop any LOB system that may update the SQList destination databases;
- Take backup of all SQList destination databases;
- Take note of the version of SQList you are running (bottom-left corner of SQList Manager);
- Take a copy of the folder C:\ProgramData\AxioWorks\SQList;
- Take a copy of the files AxioWorks.SQList.ReplicationService.exe.config and AxioWorks.SQList.ManagerDesktop.exe.config from C:\Program Files\AxioWorks\SQList;
- Un-install the current version of SQList;
- Uninstalling SQList will leave your profile and license files in the installation folder; make sure you do not delete them;
- Download and install the latest version of SQList from https://www.axioworks.com/sqlist/sqlist-download/;
- Launch SQList Manager;
- For major upgrades, install the upgrade licence (received by email);
- If you made any changes to the .config files, make sure you make the same changes (see step 5);
- Start SQList Service;
- Monitor logs and databases.
- Stop SQList Service;
- Un-install SQList;
- Download and re-install previous version from http://support.axioworks.com/upgrade-notes/download-a-previous-version-of-sqlist;
- Restore folder C:\ProgramData\AxioWorks\SQList;
- Restore the files AxioWorks.SQList.ReplicationService.exe.config and AxioWorks.SQList.ManagerDesktop.exe.config from C:\Program Files\AxioWorks\SQList;
- If data have changed in destination databases: restore destination databases;
- Start SQList Service.